About Rachel Kodanaz
As a motivational speaker, author, peer coach, grief consultant and facilitator, I tackle today's challenges to help provide encouragement to those who are suffering a loss or set-back. My message is to provide "hope" to those who are grieving which can be accomplished individually in a coaching experience, while facilitating a group or presenting at a seminar or conference. I have a special place in my heart for younger widows as it is a journey that I unfortunately traveled in my early 30's. With the appropriate support and encouragement, we can all get back on our feet!
*** Rachel's recently published book - Living with Loss, One Day at a Time is available now on www.rachelkodanaz.com and retail and online book sellers on September 10, 2013.
Treatment Approach of Rachel Kodanaz
- Death, Complicated Mourning, Anticipatory Grief
Experience and Qualifications for Rachel Kodanaz
- The idea of writing and speaking on Life Changing Topics was a direct result of my experiences while grieving the unexpected loss of my husband in 1992. At the time, I was a member of management in a large corporation and a mother of a two year-old. The challenges while overwhelming me drove me down a path of rebuilding and finding “the new normal” for my family.
After spending several years recovering and helping other grievers, I began assisting companies who were dealing with grieving employees. I published Grief in the Workplace Handbook and a booklet titled Grief in the Workplace. My efforts led to me writing a column for ten years titled “Grief in the Workplace” forLiving with Loss (formally Bereavement Magazine), speaking nationally on the subject and appearing on Good Morning America.
- Years in Practice
More Information for Rachel Kodanaz
- Best way to contact
- More Info
Rachel has recently published, Living With Loss, One Day at a Time. Living with Loss offers daily encouragement to individuals and families who have recently lost a loved one. The short entries are easy to read and give realistic, practical advice to guide readers through the day. By providing tools and suggestions that offer hope, optimism, introspection, and self-discovery, this book enables readers to embrace the happy days of life with their loved one.
Available on www.RachelKodanaz.com or after September 10, 2013 online and retail book sellers.
Articles Posted by Rachel Kodanaz
- Grief in the Workplace, by Rachel Kodanaz by Rachel Kodanaz
- Having experienced the loss of my husband, I experienced grief in the workplace first hand. This article speaks to some good practice for employers when an employee has experienced a loss and is grieving.
- Returning to Work After a Loss, by Rachel Kodanez by Rachel Kodanaz
- Effectively managing the return to work of an employee that has suffered a loss can have a huge positive impact not only on that employee but on their colleagues. This articles provides some advice on how to best handle these situations.
- Grief and the Holiday Season, By Rachel Kodanaz by Rachel Kodanaz
- Holidays can be some of the hardest times for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
- What You Can Do for a Grieving Family, By Rachel Kodanaz by Rachel Kodanaz
- Often employers and work colleagues are at a loss of how to be helpful to a fellow employee and their family after the loss of a loved one. This article provides some helpful tips and examples of what can be done that can make a big difference at a very